PJM Interconnection's online tools (formerly known as eTools) give members access to a continuous flow of real-time energy data that enables them to make business decisions and manage their transactions.
For markets to function effectively, the participants need information - and the ability to act on it quickly. Real-time price information allows Members to follow market fluctuations and make rapid buy and sell decisions. If prices are rising, sellers can come into the market, while buyers may decide to shift their operations or buy power elsewhere.
Information on each tool can be found on the Tool Information Web page.
Sign in to access any of the following PJM tools:
- Account Manager - create accounts and request and grant access to PJM's tools and website
- The Billing Line Item Transfer - create billing line item transfers online
- Voting - vote at select PJM committee meetings
- eCredit - view credit position, allocate credit between both subaccounts and markets within subaccounts (Financial Transmission Rights [FTR], Reliability Pricing Model [RPM] or energy), request collateral refunds, and
view/download relevant credit reports
- eData - view PJM operational and market data graphically. A Web service is also available to allow subscribers to select and stream PJM selected real-time Locational Marginal Price (LMP) data directly into their system.
- Data Viewer - view PJM operational and market data graphically
- Emergency Procedures - view important and/or emergency events as they occur within the PJM Regional Transmission Organization (RTO)
- eFTR - manage FTR portfolios
- eLRS - administer the registration, notification, meter data and settlement process for demand side response resources in the PJM markets
- eMKT - submit information and obtain data needed to conduct business in the Day-Ahead, Regulation and Synchronized Reserve markets
- eRPM - submit resource-specific sell offers or buy bids into RPM Auctions
- ExSchedule - facilitate the interchange of bulk power between the PJM control area and other control areas by enabling market participants to request, evaluate and confirm their external bilateral transactions. Participants may submit both day-ahead and real-time transactions to the two-settlement system.
- InSchedule - submit internal PJM energy schedule data. All PJM internal transactions, including load and generation interchange adjustment modeling and implicit internal Spot Market schedules are handled through the PJM InSchedule system.
- Open Access Same-Time Information System (OASIS) - access transmission services and transmission system information.
- The eMKT Opportunity Cost Calculator calculates the maximum opportunity cost allowable for a particular unit’s restriction. This calculation method has been approved by stakeholders and the PJM Board of Managers, but may not be used until we have approval from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Docket EL08-47).
- Member Community - allows PJM members to quickly find the answers and information they need, as well as submit a request or issue to Member Relations
- Post Contingency Local Load Relief Warnings
- Power Contracts Bulletin Board - facilitate power contracting activity. The application is available to the public through sponsorship by the ISO/RTO Council (IRC) in order to provide users with access to a larger pool of buyers and sellers of contracts for electric power. The Power Contracts Bulletin Board allows users to view, post and modify requests to buy or offers to sell power. PJM and the IRC are not a party to any contracts that result from postings on this bulletin board and such contracts will not be settled via ISO/RTO settlements.
- Power Meter - calculate a market participant’s actual interchange energy amounts to be used for real-time energy market settlements
- Resource Tracker - access and update generator ownership information as recorded across various PJM applications
Other tools PJM offers:
- eDART (Dispatcher Applications and Reporting Tool) - exchange operational and planning data with the PJM control center
- The Generator Availability Data System (eGads) supports the submission and processing of generator outage and performance data as required by PJM and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) reporting standards.
- Gas Pipeline - view critical notifications about the gas pipelines that supply natural gas to generators contributing their capacity to PJM