PJM has consolidated its publicly available data into the Data Miner tool.
Much of the public data posted by PJM is now available in Data Miner. For public data that is not included in Data Miner, the Data Directory provides a searchable list of the data and locations.
In general, PJM may not post or disclose confidential data and other types of data may be restricted by other regulations. This includes:
- Older History: PJM made made every effort to convert available historical data into Data Miner 2. In general, historical data older than what is in Data Miner 2 is not available.
- Individual Generator Output: The output of an individual generator is considered confidential, including output at a single point in time, over an hour, over a year, etc.
- Nodal Load: The load at an individual location (node, pricing node, etc.) is considered confidential, including load at a point in time, over an hour, over a year, etc.
- Capacity Commitments: Any commitments in the RPM Capacity Market are confidential.
- Individual Generator Outages: Individual generator outages are generally considered confidential. PJM only releases aggregated information on such outages.
- Individual Generator Offers: The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission requires that PJM post all supply offers on a four month delay. These offers are masked to prevent identification of individual generators. Any unmasked or more detailed information in considered confidential.
- Locational Data (including latitude/longitude data): Specific locations of facilities on the electric grid are considered Critical Energy Infrastructure Information and this information is subject to FERC regulations. PJM does not distribute coordinate data for stations, generators, pricing nodes, etc. PJM does not distribute shape files containing the locations of facilities or transmission lines.
- Shape Files:PJM does not distribute shape files of the transmission system, generator locations, or transmission zones.
These are examples of the most commonly requested confidential or restricted information. Manual 33 WEB |  PDF, section 6.1 provides more information on the confidential information. PJM members may submit a data request via the Data Request Form to request a one-time data posting. Such postings are available on the One-Time Data Requests page.